Today, Kensington Palace released a statement. It’s from Meghan Markle personally confirming that her dad, Thomas Markle, won’t be present at her royal wedding to Prince Harry. The wedding day it’s in two days, on May 19.
Recently it was revealed that Thomas was cooperating with a paparazzi agency so they would take unflattering photos of him drinking and entering a fleabag hotel in front of the royal wedding. Soon after that happened, it was revealed that Thomas had decided not to attend the wedding because he felt he had embarrassed Meghan and the Royal Family by staging a photo op with a paparazzi agency. And then he changes his mind and at the end announced that he wouldn’t attend after all, due to heart surgery.
So, after all the scandals with her dad, the bride for the first time has opened up. Her message reads:
“Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”
A statement from Ms. Meghan Markle: pic.twitter.com/TjBNarmuBU
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) May 17, 2018
At first, it was confirmed that Thomas would be the one to walk her down the aisle. But after all these events, now it is unsure who will take his place.
A few days ago, Thomas Markle revealed that Meghan had been trying to call him. She reportedly sent him a text message. The text says that she’ loved him and was worried about him and how he’s feeling.
It has been reported that Prince Harry is taking the drama personally. “Harry feels guilty that this has happened to someone he loves because they are in a relationship with him,” a friend of the couple told Daily Mail.
According to an insider, Harry is devastated. “He feels that anyone who gets associated with his life – this is the price they have to pay. He wants to protect her and this is really difficult for him to swallow.”
The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle is due to take place on 19 May 2018 at Windsor Castle in England.