Tributes to the late Queen Elizabeth on the first anniversary of her death will be led by the Prince and Princess of Wales.
William and Kate will deliver a public message honouring the life and legacy of Queen Elizabeth II. The longest-reigning monarch in British history died at Balmoral in Scotland on September 8 last year, aged 96.
Mirror Online reports exclusively how a source said they will also use the occasion to “look forward”.
A royal source said: “Her Majesty’s passing was an event that truly signified the end of an era. The Royal Family has been in transition since then and following the Coronation and conclusion of the summer holidays, there will be an expectation to see what is next.”
Final plans are still being made over how their address will be delivered, whether in person or via their social media to millions of fans.
The King will mark the one year anniversary at Balmoral. Palace officials said King Charles III, 74, will spend the anniversary “quietly and privately”, just as the late Queen Elizabeth did to mark her own father’s passing.
She stayed at Sandringham in Norfolk until after the anniversary of George VI’s death, on February 6, following the Christmas break.
Members of the Royal Family may attend public engagements around the late Queen’s anniversary.
Palace sources said there were “no plans” for any public event or private family gathering attended by all of them. The King, who this month began his summer in Scotland, will receive family members to Balmoral shortly.
The monarch also welcomes serving PMs and Rishi Sunak will stay at the estate with his family.
Prince Harry and Meghan were reportedly denied an invite to Balmoral. The King is expected to travel to France soon for a state visit that was postponed due to riots. Charles and Camilla may also visit Kenya in the autumn.