We choose 10 Tom Hardy movie quotes and his long line of brilliant movies.
Just like fellow outspoken actor Sean Penn, there is nothing Tom Hardy could say in a movie that would rival his real-life quotes, but he sure has some damn good ones.
This was no easy task and some omissions had to be made from his earlier works such as “Layer Cake” and his recent return to the British series “Peaky Blinders”. We have picked 10 quotes from 10 movies, with one exception.
If you think that we missed a quote, be sure to let us know in the comment section below.
- THE DARK KNIGHT RISES– “We will destroy Gotham. And then, when it is done and Gotham is … ashes … then you have my permission to die.”
Hardy’s take on Bane was one of the best parts of the movie, and despite the mask making it hard to hear him, it does not take anything out of this scene. He sure does know how to taunt Batman though.
- INCEPTION– “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.”
Hardy played Eames in Christopher Nolan’s mind-blowing blockbuster, and here we see him encouraging his co-conspirators to think big(which in this case means bigger guns).
- BRONSON– “You don’t want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I’m someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?”
Hardy’s first big role came in this prison drama in which he played notorious prisoner Charles Bronson. Hardly is hardly(puns, puns everywhere) recognizable, but we all know it’s him due to his marvelous performance.
- TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY– “She told me she had a secret, the mother of all secrets…”
Hardy’s troubled spy Ricki Tarr has a dangerous secret that sets an even more dangerous plan in motion.
- MAD MAX: FURY ROAD– “My name is Max. My world is fire. And blood.”
Hardy’s title character is not one to speak much. He is more of a man of action. And when he does speak, he knows to deliver epic one-liners.
- WARRIOR– “I think I liked you better when you were a drunk.”
Hardy plays a military veteran who comes home to fight his own brother and train under his alcoholic father, portrayed by Nick Nolte. His delivery is great midst one of the most emotional scenes in the film.
- THE DROP – “People like this, they take something from you, and you let them, they just act like they can keep coming back and you still owe them something and they never, never change. You can never change their mind.”
Hardy plays Bob, a bartender that looks quite harmless on the outside, but we know it’s not good to mess with him. Unfortunately, it seems that Mathias Schoenaerts didn’t get the memo…
- BLACK HAWK DOWN – “I ain’t getting on no fucking roof!”
This is one of Hardy’s earliest roles, and while it isn’t particularly memorable, we totally agree with his character on the danger of rooftops in a war zone.
- LAWLESS– “It is not the violence that sets a man apart — it’s the distance he is prepared to go.”
Hardy played one of the three bootlegging brothers alongside Jason Clarke and Shia LaBeouf. At one point, he nearly gets decapitated, but he holds his head onto his neck and walks miles home. If that isn’t badass, I don’t know what is.
- STAR TREK: NEMESIS– “Captain Picard. Jean-Luc Picard. I’d always imagined you a little taller. Isn’t that odd?”
Tom Hardy was in Star Trek, interesting isn’t it? He played a villain in the mid-90s Star Trek movie. This is one of his most interesting quips, and it makes it even better to who it refers to.