Clarence House has confirmed that Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has also tested positive for COVID-19, days after Prince Charles also had. The message from the royal household says that she is currently isolated and is continuing to follow government guidelines.
On Thursday the Duchess had several engagements in west London, as she visited Paddington Haven and officially opened UKHarvest’s Nourish Hub. Before the engagements, she had returned a negative test.
This unfortunate news comes just days after her husband Prince Charles was confirmed to have contracted the virus for a second time. Due to this, the Prince of Wales had to reschedule his engagements in Winchester on Thursday.
💛This week, The Duchess of Cornwall officially opened @thenourishhub, a @UKHarvest community kitchen in Shepherd’s Bush.— The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall (@ClarenceHouse) February 11, 2022
🍴The hub opened in October and runs a ‘donate as you dine’ lunch service using rescued surplus food, for people in the local community. pic.twitter.com/8TZ7T62TvP
Last week it was revealed that the Queen, 95, was also being closely monitored for any kind of symptoms of the virus following a meeting with her eldest son. On Thursday a palace source said that the situation will continue to be monitored, however, any other comment or detail would not be provided on Her Majesty’s health.
Last Wednesday evening Prince Charles and Camilla attended a reception at the British Museum together. They celebrated the work of the British Asian Trust (BAT), which Prince Charles founded back in 2007 and whose goal is to reduce poverty in South Asia.
Hopefully, both royals will get through this with no major complications. Both of them had their booster injections in December. Back then they urged the public to do the same in a statement from them.
“We can only urge you to look at the evidence in our intensive care wards,” Charles and Camilla said in it.
“People who are unvaccinated are at least 10 times more likely to be hospitalized or die than those who have had two vaccine doses.”
This is the second time that Prince Charles caught the virus. He first had it at the beginning of the pandemic back in March 2020, way before vaccines were developed. But luckily it passed with mild symptoms. We hope that this time their recovery is faster and easier.