Prince Charles Has Tested Positive For Covid For A Second Time

On Thursday Clarence House confirmed through a tweet that Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID-19. The Prince of Wales is now self-isolating at home. They had this to say on Twitter: “HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.”

Aides of the Prince said that the positive test result came during a routine test-which indicates that the royal was not experiencing any strong symptoms and have so far not given any other details about the Prince’s medical condition.

Clarence House said that the Duchess of Cornwall, Charles’ wife, had tested negative on the same day. A spokesman said: “The Duchess of Cornwall has routinely tested negative today. She is on a separate series of engagements from the Prince of Wales.”

Prince Charles

During her outings in west London, Camilla said that she is “lucky” to have tested negative after her husband returned a positive test for the virus.

During a visit to Thames Valley Partnership, Camilla spoke with Willie Hartley Russell, high sheriff for Berkshire, and was quoted saying: “He’s diagnosed now. Luckily [she’s negative]. I’ve taken it so many times.”

He added: “It gets a bit pointless, doesn’t it?” and Camilla agreed.

This news comes after Prince Charles and Camilla attended a reception at the British Museum on Wednesday evening to celebrate the work of the British Asian Trust (BAT), which the Prince founded back in 2007 and whose goal it is to reduce poverty in South Asia.

In December of last year, the couple got their booster injections and urged members of the public to do the same afterward. The official statement from them was: “We can only urge you to look at the evidence in our intensive care wards.”

“People who are unvaccinated are at least 10 times more likely to be hospitalized or die than those who have had two vaccine doses.”

This is the second time that Prince Charles has tested positive for the virus, as he also had to self-isolate after a positive test back in March 2020, right at the beginning of the pandemic.

Talking about his first experience with the virus, the Prince explained how he only had mild symptoms during an interview with Sky News in June 2020, saying: “I was lucky in my case and got away with it quite lightly. But I’ve had it, and I can so understand what other people have gone through.”

This unfortunate development comes just days after the Queen marked her Platinum Jubilee by expressing her “sincere wish” that the Duchess of Cornwall would be Queen Camilla at Charles’s side when he one day becomes King.

As a way of marking his mother’s milestone, Prince Charles also released a personal statement on Sunday. The message read: “On this historic day, my wife and I join you all in congratulating Her Majesty The Queen on the remarkable achievement of serving this nation, the Realms and Commonwealth for seventy years.

“The Queen’s devotion to the welfare of all her people inspires still greater admiration with each passing year.”

The message continued: “We are deeply conscious of the honour represented by my mother’s wish. As we have sought together to serve and support Her Majesty and the people of our communities, my darling wife has been my own steadfast support throughout.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.