Confirmed: Prince George And Princess Charlotte Will Attend The Queen’s Funeral
The Palace has confirmed! Prince George and Princess Charlotte will attend the Queen’s state funeral. The royal siblings will join more than 2,000 guests to remember Britain’s longest-serving monarch on Monday, as millions watch the televised service across the globe.
George and Charlotte will form part of a procession with the Royal Family, following the coffin as it enters the church. They are set to walk side-by-side behind their mother and father, the Prince and Princess of Wales.
The royal children will travel by car to the Westminster Abbey with mom Kate and Camilla, before joining the foot procession as it enters.
The cover of tomorrow’s Order of Service and details of the royal party featuring Prince George and Princess Charlotte #TheQueen pic.twitter.com/jd9HrlzHHY— Rebecca English (@RE_DailyMail) September 18, 2022
King Charles III, and the Queen Consort will process immediately behind the coffin. They will be followed by the Princess Royal and her husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence.
Behind them will be the Duke of York, followed by the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and then the Prince and Princess of Wales. Prince George and Princess Charlotte will follow their parents while the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and other Royals will process behind them.
Unlike George and Charlotte, Prince Louis won’t attend the Queen’s funeral as he’s considered too young to attend.
“As parents, they have, of course, thought long and hard about whether their children should accompany them,” a source said.
“‘Of course, little Louis is too young, but they think George and Charlotte are up to it.”
Later Prince George and Princess Charlotte will travel to Windsor for the committal service. But they won’t be included in the order of service.
Tomorrow will mark the first time the young royals have been seen since the death of Queen Elizabeth II on September 8. She actually died on the same day George, Charlotte and Louis started their new school.
During a conversation with some of the crowds gathered in front of the gates of Sandringham House last week, the Princess of Wales spoke about her three children-Prince George, 9, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4-and how all three of them have been adjusting to Lambrook School.
She revealed that “the children have settled in nicely with their new school and have new friends.” A well-wisher also explained: “She said they were keeping things as normal as possible for the children.