As of Monday, 19 July, Prince William and Kate, and the rest of the Royal family will ditch their masks as face coverings will no longer be legally required in England. It is expected that the royal family will no longer wear masks as they always act in line with government guidance.
Therefore Prince Charles is not expected to cover his face when he visits Exeter Cathedral tomorrow.
A Daily Mail royal insider said: “This will be the first time in 18 months that we are seeing a return to normality. We’ll be looking forwards, not backwards.
“This is the first time the prince has been to a location inside and won’t be wearing a mask because it’s a large area where people will be social distancing and it will be the first day of the new rules.
“When the rules state that a mask should be worn, then the Prince will wear one but not otherwise.”
The Duchess of Cornwall has also reportedly said that she does not like wearing a face covering at all.
We haven’t seen Prince William and Kate in public for a while. Their latest outing was with Prince George when the trio watched Euro 2020 final. The young Prince looked delighted to be joining his parents to watch the Three Lions face Italy in the nail-biting match.
Duchess Kate went into self-isolation on July 2nd. She has received both of her vaccine shots but has been still self-isolating anyway after she was notified she had been in contact with someone suffering from COVID-19.
Prince William tested positive last year, although did not reveal the news until last November because he did not wanted to cause alarm.